Gothenburg FFA’ers fare well in judging
Gothenburg FFA’ers brought home hardware from a district livestock judging contest in Curtis on Oct. 14.
Its junior livestock judging team with members Tyler Block, Cooper Brott, Madison Costello and Morgan Kowalewski placed first.Three individuals placed in the top 10 and included Cooper Brott, fourth; Madison Costello, sixth; and Bailey Gibbens, eighth.
The livestock judging contest is divided into senior and junior divisions. The senior division is high school juniors and seniors while the junior division is high school freshman and sophomores.
Gothenburg had 35 members compete in the junior division.
Purple—Brott, Costello and Bailey Gibbens.
Blue—Patric Jobman, Heather Lunkwitz, Tyler Aden, Kristin Bartlett, Cale Moore, Kyle Maline and Kerry McPheeters.
Red—Tyler Block and Jacob Boehle.
White—Peyton Maline, Shay Wear, Jamie Messersmith, Dillon Gartner and Alix Meisinger. There were 207 junior competitors and the Gothenburg chapter qualified two teams for state competition.
In the senior division, 18 Gothenburg members competed. The top five Swede senior individuals were Kyle Kleinchnecht, Dillon McMichael, Stephanie Rubenthaler, Brady Preitauer and Sidney Thompson.
The Swedes qualified one team for state in the senior division which had 103 participants.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action