Better band chairs
ENHANCED PLAYING: Gothenburg Public School students now have 50 specially designed band chairs that band teacher Tom Belanger said enhances playing. The chairs were bought, he said, to give instrumental students appropriate equipment for rehearsals and concerts. “The old chairs could be equated with football players wearing leather helmets,” he said. Belanger said the chairs are designed so students must sit up yet are comfortable. Pictured are sixth graders Alex Jorgenson (left) and Chad Schmiett.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.