P-Index Summit planned for Dec. 5
A Dec. 5 University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Animal Manure Management team workshop will help those who work closely with livestock operations and their nutrient management plans.
The “P-Index Summit” will be at the Nielsen Community Center, 200 Anna Stalp Ave. in West Point. The program will be from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Topics include: the science and history of the P-Index, discussion on proposed revisions, case studies illustrating the differences between the 2007 and 2011 versions and discussion of livestock environmental issues of interest. CCA continuing education units will be available.
Register to ensure an opportunity to attend. Registration is $20 per participant if sent with your registration or $25 at the door.
The use of a computer with Microsoft Excel is necessary; please bring a laptop as there will only be a few extra computers. To save time the day of the event, old and new versions can be downloaded at http://go.unl.edu/847
These workshops are sponsored by the UNL Extension AMM team which is dedicated to helping livestock and crop producers better use the state’s manure resources for agronomic and environmental benefits.
For additional information and other resources for managing manure nutrients, visit http://manure.unl.edu.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout