Rollovers claim lives of Gothenburg, Brady men
Families and friends are mourning the deaths of a Gothenburg man and Brady teen killed in separate accidents Sunday and Monday.
A local man, 33-year-old Jeffrey B. Landen, died Monday night about 10 miles southwest of town.
Sometime early Sunday morning, 18-year-old David Pedersen, Jr. of Brady was killed on Highway 30 west of Maxwell.
For more about the Pedersen accident click here.
A Nebraska State Patrol fatality report said Landen was driving a sports utility vehicle and was northbound on Wiggins Canyon Road when he lost control on gravel.
The report said the vehicle rolled three times and Landen was ejected. He was not wearing a seat belt.
State patrol officials said the accident happened at 8:13 p.m. No other information was available at press time.
Landen was a 1994 graduate of Ogallala High School and worked as a conductor for Union Pacific Railroad.
His mother Sue said he enjoyed hunting and fishing and loved his brother, sister and son, Alex.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship