Fraudulent letters seem to be from USDA
USDA officials learned late Friday afternoon that fraudulent letters are being sent by fax to individuals and businesses in at least four states. The letters purportedly come from a USDA procurement officer and seek personal information.
These letters are false and in no case should a recipient respond with personal and financial information. The fraudulent letters bear USDA’s logo and seal and are signed by an individual identified as “Frank Rutenberg” using a title of “Senior Procurement Officer.”
Letters have been received by fax in Alabama, Nebraska, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, but may have also been sent to other states. Recipients should not respond and should not supply the requested information. USDA is investigating this matter through the Office of Inspector General.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State