Speech season ends without state qualifier
Brady senior Micah Most originally thought he finished third in informative speaking during the D-5 district meet at North Platte on March 13.
That would have qualified him for a return trip to the state speech meet in Kearney this week.
But Brady coach Brian Fleming said an error in the final scoring tabulation bumped Most from third to fourth officially.
That leaves Most disappointed, Fleming said, and the Eagles end the season without a state qualifier.
Sophomore Donnie Trisdale finished fifth at the district meet in entertainment and junior Sierra Quadhamer was sixth in serious prose.
Sophomore Makenzie Nanzel also competed.
Members of the speech team will share their presentations during an ice cream social at the school beginning at 7 p.m. on Thursday.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action