Speech season ends without state qualifier
Brady senior Micah Most originally thought he finished third in informative speaking during the D-5 district meet at North Platte on March 13.
That would have qualified him for a return trip to the state speech meet in Kearney this week.
But Brady coach Brian Fleming said an error in the final scoring tabulation bumped Most from third to fourth officially.
That leaves Most disappointed, Fleming said, and the Eagles end the season without a state qualifier.
Sophomore Donnie Trisdale finished fifth at the district meet in entertainment and junior Sierra Quadhamer was sixth in serious prose.
Sophomore Makenzie Nanzel also competed.
Members of the speech team will share their presentations during an ice cream social at the school beginning at 7 p.m. on Thursday.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics