District approves retirement agreement
Health issues have forced Brady media specialist and English teacher Cindy Kuklis to miss more days of school during the 2011-12 session than she has been in the classroom.
During a special meeting of the school board on March 20, an agreement was reached between Kuklis and the district for her retirement at the end of the school year.
Superintendent Bill Porter said part of the agreement is that Kuklis will cover the cost of a substitute teacher for the days beyond the sick leave she had accumulated.
Kuklis joined the Brady staff in 2000.
In other business, the board discussed the superintendent’s goals and the board’s self-evaluation.
Porter said his two goals are to prepare the district for future financial stability and to improve academic performance, beginning in kindergarten and progressing through all grades.
The next regular school board meeting is scheduled for April 9.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC