District approves retirement agreement
Health issues have forced Brady media specialist and English teacher Cindy Kuklis to miss more days of school during the 2011-12 session than she has been in the classroom.
During a special meeting of the school board on March 20, an agreement was reached between Kuklis and the district for her retirement at the end of the school year.
Superintendent Bill Porter said part of the agreement is that Kuklis will cover the cost of a substitute teacher for the days beyond the sick leave she had accumulated.
Kuklis joined the Brady staff in 2000.
In other business, the board discussed the superintendent’s goals and the board’s self-evaluation.
Porter said his two goals are to prepare the district for future financial stability and to improve academic performance, beginning in kindergarten and progressing through all grades.
The next regular school board meeting is scheduled for April 9.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST