Brady band wins SHC overall award
The Brady High School band was named the overall instrumental champion during the annual Sandhills Conference music contest at Stapleton on March 27.
The band also earned top honors in the large instrumental ensemble .
In addition, three individuals earned the highest awards in their divisions.
Senior trumpet player Micah Most was named top high brass, sophomore Donnie Trisdale earned top percussion and junior Marc Kramer-Davis was named best in low woodwinds.
Other individuals to earn I ratings, or the highest award, in their events were: Micah Most, trumpet solo; Shelby McClellen, clarinet solo; Marc Kramer-Davis, tenor saxophone solo; Kyrstan Hood, trumpet solo; Donnie Trisdale, snare drum solo; Zach Mann, snare drum solo; Valerie Most, alto saxophone solo; and Allison Hood, clarinet solo.
Musicians who received II ratings were: Tyrel Grasz, snare drum solo; Tyler Egenberger, trombone solo; Cody Most, tuba solo; Dakota Terry, flute solo; Haley Frederickson, flute solo; Desiray Stryker, trumpet solo; Donnie Trisdale, vocal solo; Jamie Norton, vocal solo; and Valerie Most, Lexi Franzen and Molly Hannon, vocal trio; Autumn Hild, alto saxophone solo; and high school chorus.
Brady band and chorus participants will present a spring concert at 7 p.m. Thursday at the school. District music contest is at North Platte on April 20.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair