Brady band wins SHC overall award
The Brady High School band was named the overall instrumental champion during the annual Sandhills Conference music contest at Stapleton on March 27.
The band also earned top honors in the large instrumental ensemble .
In addition, three individuals earned the highest awards in their divisions.
Senior trumpet player Micah Most was named top high brass, sophomore Donnie Trisdale earned top percussion and junior Marc Kramer-Davis was named best in low woodwinds.
Other individuals to earn I ratings, or the highest award, in their events were: Micah Most, trumpet solo; Shelby McClellen, clarinet solo; Marc Kramer-Davis, tenor saxophone solo; Kyrstan Hood, trumpet solo; Donnie Trisdale, snare drum solo; Zach Mann, snare drum solo; Valerie Most, alto saxophone solo; and Allison Hood, clarinet solo.
Musicians who received II ratings were: Tyrel Grasz, snare drum solo; Tyler Egenberger, trombone solo; Cody Most, tuba solo; Dakota Terry, flute solo; Haley Frederickson, flute solo; Desiray Stryker, trumpet solo; Donnie Trisdale, vocal solo; Jamie Norton, vocal solo; and Valerie Most, Lexi Franzen and Molly Hannon, vocal trio; Autumn Hild, alto saxophone solo; and high school chorus.
Brady band and chorus participants will present a spring concert at 7 p.m. Thursday at the school. District music contest is at North Platte on April 20.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater