Brady sophomore to compete in national fishing tournament
Brady High School sophomore Adam Diehl will take to the waters of Lake Murray near Columbia, SC, on Sunday to compete in the 2012 High School Fishing National Championship.
Diehl and his partner, Drew Bailey of North Platte, qualified for the national tournament after winning both the state and regional events last year.
They will compete against four other regional winners for $10,000 in scholarship money. The winning team advances to the world championship later in the year.
The national championship is conducted in conjunction with the National Guard FLW College Fishing National Championship and is hosted by the University of South Carolina.
The event will be nationally televised on the NBC Sports Network following the event.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater