Eagles win at sub-district
Brady girls keep making it happen.
NORTH PLATTE—Brady started a little sluggish against Medicine Valley Monday night in the first round of the D1-11 sub-district at North Platte.
When things began to click, though, the Eagles rolled past the Raiders and into the Tuesday-night final with a 25-23, 25-16, 25-16 win.
Brady struggled to get going, even trailing Medicine Valley early in the first set. It was a back-and-forth battle until the score was tied 23-23 and then the Eagles put the set and the match away.
Maxwell defeated Stapleton-McPherson County 3-1 in the other half of the sub-district bracket.
The Eagles and the Wildcats met in the final. Results were not available at press time.
The winner of the D1-11 sub-district will play the winner of the D1-12 sub-district at a neutral site on Thursday for a trip to the state tournament in Lincoln Nov. 12-14.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500