SMOKE DAMAGE: A fire in the garage of Tim and Shanna Keiser, 1403 Ave. F, was spotted between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Friday night. Gothenburg fire chief Mark Ballmer said Daryl Widholm saw smoke while driving by and called authorities. When the fire department arrived, Ballmer said the garage was full of smoke and fire fighters remained on the scene for about two hours putting out the fire and cleaning up. He said Tim had been welding earlier in the day and must have thrown a spark that smoldered and caught the interior of his shop area on fire. Ballmer estimated damage at $10,000 to $15,000 on contents and structure. He added that, when cutting and welding, to make sure sparks don’t come into contact with combustible items.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship