SMOKE DAMAGE: A fire in the garage of Tim and Shanna Keiser, 1403 Ave. F, was spotted between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Friday night. Gothenburg fire chief Mark Ballmer said Daryl Widholm saw smoke while driving by and called authorities. When the fire department arrived, Ballmer said the garage was full of smoke and fire fighters remained on the scene for about two hours putting out the fire and cleaning up. He said Tim had been welding earlier in the day and must have thrown a spark that smoldered and caught the interior of his shop area on fire. Ballmer estimated damage at $10,000 to $15,000 on contents and structure. He added that, when cutting and welding, to make sure sparks don’t come into contact with combustible items.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action