FFA greenhouse is a winner
- I recently had the pleasure of being invited to visit the FFA greenhouse project in Gothenburg managed by Kaylee Beyea, a junior at Gothenburg High School.
I had heard about all the time and effort Kaylee and the landscaping class had put into this project and how important it was to them. I have always been a huge fan of the FFA program and the values it teaches the students. I decided to go on the opening morning.
I really think I was just expecting to go and see the greenhouse, buy a few plants,and help support the hard work of the students. Much to my surprise I walked into one of the most wonderful greenhouses I have ever been to. The plants are amazing; the greenhouse is very well organized.
The FFA students were very polite and extremely helpful. I did not leave until I had completely filled my car with plants. The prices were also very pleasant. I hope that people continue to support this project. If you have not been out to see the greenhouse yet, you should take the time to go out and take a look. I will continue to go back for more plants until Kaylee is sold out.
Mr Scherer and Gothenburg High School should be very proud of these students. They have represented you well. I look forward to many more years of purchasing my plants from this greenhouse.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price