PEP Club contribution
MONEY FOR TRIP: The Gothenburg PEP club recently gave a Dudley Elementary Destination Imagination team $400 for the team’s trip to the Global Finals May 23-27 in Knoxville, TN. The team, which qualified for finals at state competition in April, is raising money to fund their trip and are about $2,500 short of their goal, according to team co-manager Jenny Daup. The team is selling raffle tickets for an iPad2, a 39-inch flat screen television or Husker football tickets and autographed football. Donations can be made at First State Bank. Checks should be written to the Gothenburg School Foundation and DI placed in the memo line. For more information or to buy a raffle ticket, contact Daup at 529-3789 or Khris Jinks 529-7894 or any DI team member. Pictured are, l-r: Front—Maddie Daup, Wes Jinks and Lauren Waskowiak; Back—Jack Loostrom, Maxwell Jinks, Payton Buss, Adam Groenke, school DI coordinator Theresa Brooks and PEP representative Nancy Slack.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.