Brady lineman selected for 8-man all-star game
Brady senior Ryan Porter, who played both offensive and defensive line for the Eagles in their 6-3 season last fall, has been selected to the West squad during the 35th annual Sertoma 8-Man All-Star Game.
Porter averaged 10 tackles per game for the Eagles and had at least one sack per game as a senior.
He also blocked two punts and two field goal attempts.
Porter has committed to playing football for the Wayne State College Wildcats next fall.
The Sertoma all-star game is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 16, at the Hastings College football complex.
Bob McEvoy of Humphrey will lead the East squad with Cletus Corman of Deshler, Mitchell Shepherd of Pawnee City and Cory Groenke of Humphrey as assistants.
Andy Schwarz of South Loup will head the West squad with Brady graduate Brent Streeter of Bertrand, Jeff Shabram of Clearwater/Orchard and Abe Hinman of South Loup as assistants.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500