Brady lineman selected for 8-man all-star game
Brady senior Ryan Porter, who played both offensive and defensive line for the Eagles in their 6-3 season last fall, has been selected to the West squad during the 35th annual Sertoma 8-Man All-Star Game.
Porter averaged 10 tackles per game for the Eagles and had at least one sack per game as a senior.
He also blocked two punts and two field goal attempts.
Porter has committed to playing football for the Wayne State College Wildcats next fall.
The Sertoma all-star game is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 16, at the Hastings College football complex.
Bob McEvoy of Humphrey will lead the East squad with Cletus Corman of Deshler, Mitchell Shepherd of Pawnee City and Cory Groenke of Humphrey as assistants.
Andy Schwarz of South Loup will head the West squad with Brady graduate Brent Streeter of Bertrand, Jeff Shabram of Clearwater/Orchard and Abe Hinman of South Loup as assistants.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout