Dancing competitors: Students from the Gothenburg Dance Centre traveled to the Showstoppers Dance Competition in Denver, CO, on April 20-22, where instructor Tina Berner entered the girls in 14 dances. The girls brought home 15 trophies, including one overall first-place divisional trophy. Dance styles represented included solos, duets, trios and small groups in tap, jazz, lyrical dance, musical theatre, clogging and hip hop. Pictured are, l-r: First row—Allison Nichols and Madeline Jorgenson; Second row—Ella Bartlett, Katie Kreis, Sophia Aden, Hayden Ricely, Maggie Aden, Kacee Dvorak and Rylee Naprstek; Third row—Creighton Tiede, Taylor Wenger, Elise Ackerman, Jessica Bartlett, Jocelyn Kennicutt, Mashaela Foster and Marley Kennicutt; Fourth row—Lauren Johnson, Natalie Kennicutt, Gracie Stienike, Arleigh Costello, Marriah Cote, Emma Ackerman, Grace Aden, Kayla Weyers and Emma Jorgenson. Not pictured: Mina Houchin, Iva Rickertsen, Lauren Andres, Lexi Morales, Ali Bartels and Addison Bartels.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action