Honoring fallen son
Memorial walk: Dan and Michelle Benevidez passed through Gothenburg Monday afternoon enroute to Marseilles, IL. They started the 1,080-mile walk, in Fort Carson, CO, to honor their son. Staff Sgt. Kennith Mayne was killed in Iraq in September of 2008. The Gold Star parents are walking to raise money and awareness for American Military Family and its programs. AMF supports service members and their families. Dan is pictured walking east of Gothenburg. Donations can mailed to American Military Family Inc, Box 1101, Brighton, CO, 80601. More information about AMF and the family is available www.amf100.org.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested