Honoring fallen son
Memorial walk: Dan and Michelle Benevidez passed through Gothenburg Monday afternoon enroute to Marseilles, IL. They started the 1,080-mile walk, in Fort Carson, CO, to honor their son. Staff Sgt. Kennith Mayne was killed in Iraq in September of 2008. The Gold Star parents are walking to raise money and awareness for American Military Family and its programs. AMF supports service members and their families. Dan is pictured walking east of Gothenburg. Donations can mailed to American Military Family Inc, Box 1101, Brighton, CO, 80601. More information about AMF and the family is available www.amf100.org.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet