Finally in the fields
SLOW GOING: Seasonal temperatures minus rain or snow the past week has dried corn and soybean fields enough to harvest in earnest. On Tuesday, U.S. Department of Agriculture officials said soybean harvest is only about eight days behind average while corn picking lags about three weeks behind as ear moisture is high due to three wet snows and ample rain in October.It was slow going for this combine about a mile north of Gothenburg Friday as its snouts were set low to the ground to scoop up stalks which had fallen to the ground.
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly
- Precision ag, soil and water in-field training offered
- Softball squad concentrates on basics