Veteran’s memorial to be unveiled Friday
Rep. Adrian Smith to speak
Third District congressman Adrian Smith will speak at a special Memorial Day ceremony at Stone Hearth Estates Friday.
The public is invited to “Remembering the Fallen” service at 10 a.m., where a Nebraska memorial to soldiers killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, since 9-11 will be unveiled.
If weather permits, the ceremony will be under the canopy at the front entrance to the facility.
Photographs, stories and memorabilia about the fallen soldiers, throughout the state, will be on display on the third floor of the independent/assisted living facility.
Gothenburg mayor Joyce Hudson will also speak at the ceremony and the Gothenburg Color Guard will present the American flag.
Refreshments will be served.
The memorial, made possible through Oi Sitorius and the family of George and Marsha Sitorius, can also be viewed at the facility, from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., through May 28.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500