GHS student to speak at Memorial Day service
Gothenburg High School senior Morgan Kowalewski is the keynote speaker at this year’s Memorial Day service.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event at the Gothenburg cemetery on Monday, May 28.
Morgan’s sister, sophomore Amanda Kowalewski, is master of ceremonies.
Chaplain Bill Hayward will give the invocation and lead those gathered in the pledge of allegiance.
Former GHS graduates KaSondra Kuhlman and Mary (Middleton) Streeter will sing the national anthem.
Stan Johnson of the American Legion, Loree Thompson of the American Legion Auxiliary, Steve Hecox of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and Donna McConnell of the VFW Auxiliary will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
At the end of the service, the Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of rain, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price