Deadline approaches to sign up for ACRE, DCP
Producers are being reminded that enrollment for the 2012 Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program and the Average Crop Revenue Election Program ends on June 1.
“We want producers to know that DCP and ACRE are still available for enrollment,” said Bruce Nelson, Farm Service Agency administrator. “Producers who want to participate in DCP or ACRE must enroll their eligible farms. We encourage them to take the time to sign up before the deadline. Electronic DCP (eDCP) is a great option for enrolling during this busy planting season.”
Producers who choose to participate in either the revenue-based ACRE safety net or the price-based DCP safety net must enroll their farms each year. All owners and operators who will share in the DCP or ACRE payments on the farm must sign up by June 1.
Since 2009, producers have had the option to participate in DCP or ACRE. A producer who initially chose to remain in DCP has an option to switch to ACRE during the current enrollment period; however, producers who chose to enroll in ACRE cannot switch back to DCP.
Producers can make use of the electronic DCP automated website to sign up, or they can visit a nearby FSA county office to complete their 2012 DCP or ACRE enrollment form.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC