Principal on the roof
PLAY BALL: Dudley Elementary second-grade student Teral Franzen spent accelerated reading points on a ticket to “Put the principal on the roof for one hour”. Dudley principal Jim Widdifield spent an hour on the roof May 15 and threw balls to some of the second grade students during recess. Accelerated reading encourages students to read books at their respective levels and they take tests for comprehension. The school opens an “AR store” at the end of each quarter to allow students to “purchase” prizes with their accumulated AR points. Prizes range from baked goods to certificates for things such as “Wear a hat to school”, “Lunch with a community member” and “Put the principal on the roof”.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested