ON THE MOVE: Nineteen adult and child teams competed in first-ever Helen Quest Saturday at Lake Helen. The race, sponsored by Gothenburg Memorial Hospital’s Sports & Medical Rehabilitation Department, sent teams to different stations to complete different exercises.
Winners of the 6-9 age group were, 1. Kent and Kooper Koehn, 2. Amber and Jake Burge; 10-13 age group, 1. Seth and Bryce Ryker, 2. Beth Barrett and MaKenna Spiegel. Pictured (right) are, l-r: Maddy Widdifield, Jim Widdifield, an unidentified person, Bryce Ryker and Kristin Hastings as they begin the race. Left, Amber Burge (right) and her son, Jake, compete at the egg-carrying station.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities