NCIP honors for Farnam
The community of Farnam was among the major award winners Friday at the annual Nebraska Community Improvement Program banquet. Farnam won top honors in its population class (Class I up to 500 residents) for economic development.
Farnam’s welcome sign also garnered first place in its population class for technology, infrastructure and planning.Farnam residents are the banquet and receiving the special awards included, l-r: Front—Doris Bellamy Betty Hoppe-Stevens, Ruth Ann Hess, Muriel Kotschwar; Middle—Jan Widick, Ricky Wach, Donna Hazen, Charley Johnson; Back—Bev Edson, Norma Darnall, Dan Widick. Left, Muriel Kotschwar is presented with the Marily Ristine Award from Nebraska Department of Economic Development director Roger Bauer. The Ristine award is given annually to an outstanding community NCIP volunteer.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president