Swimmers win big in home meet at Cozad
COZAD—The Gothenburg Swim Team used numbers and talent to come out on top of Saturday’s competition at Cozad.
Although it was Gothenburg’s home meet, competitors swam at the Cozad Municipal Pool since several of the team members are from Cozad.The accommodations worked well, according to Gothenburg team manager Lisa Jorgenson.
Gothenburg won the team title scoring 547 points and earning 39 individual first-place finishes.
Members of the Gothenburg Swim Team now hold the No. 1 position in the Plains tSunami Swim League’s 2012 Top 10 in eight individual events and eight relays.
Anne Burkholder leads three events while Carly Jensen and Jill Hergenrader are tops in two each with Lisa Jorgenson leading one.
There are 21 teams in the Plains tSunami league.
The final regular-season meet of the summer for the Gothenburg team will be Saturday in Lexington.
Swimmers were originally scheduled to compete at Indianola but because of the number of people involved they will go to Lexington instead.
The qualifying meet will be July 7 in Minden with championships scheduled at Lexington on July 14.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates