Emily Max named GPAC scholar-athlete
Emily Max of Gothenburg is one of 165 Doane College students who have earned Great Plains Athletic Conference scholar-athlete honors for the 2011-12 season.
The Pflieger/Olson GPAC Scholar-Athlete honor is awarded to student-athletes who were varsity members and maintain a 3.3 grade point average.
A total of 165 Doane student-athletes were recognized with 21 earning honors in two sports. This past year was one of the best years for Doane, both athletically and academically. The Tigers placed second in the GPAC All-Sports Trophy, the best finish since the expansion of the GPAC in 2000-01.
Ten of Doane’s 18 conference varsity teams placed in the Top Two while notching seven GPAC Player-of-the-Year honors. In addition to the GPAC Scholar-Athlete honors, 45 earned NAIA Scholar-Athlete and 19 earned Capital One Academic All-American honors.
Max will be a junior this fall at Doane. She is the daughter of Doug and Crys Max.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together