Swimmers finish second at Lexington meet
LEXINGTON—With several swimmers missing from Saturday’s competition at Lexington, the Gothenburg swim team had to settle for second in the team race to the host.
Lexington took first with 500 points, getting past Gothenburg with 481 points and 36 first-place finishes.
It was the final regular-season meet for the Gothenburg team before the qualifying competition July 7 in Minden.
Top finishers at the qualifying meet earn the right to compete in the Plains tSunami Swim League championship at Lexington on July 14.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.