Swimmers finish second at Lexington meet
LEXINGTON—With several swimmers missing from Saturday’s competition at Lexington, the Gothenburg swim team had to settle for second in the team race to the host.
Lexington took first with 500 points, getting past Gothenburg with 481 points and 36 first-place finishes.
It was the final regular-season meet for the Gothenburg team before the qualifying competition July 7 in Minden.
Top finishers at the qualifying meet earn the right to compete in the Plains tSunami Swim League championship at Lexington on July 14.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities