Village, school election deadlines coming up
Brady village trustees and school board members whose terms expire this year have just over two weeks to file for re-election with the Lincoln County clerk.
The filing deadline for incumbents on both boards is July 16.
Trustees whose terms expire include chairman Jeff Miller, Todd Roe and Lynn Herrick.
Roe is the only incumbent who has already filed for re-election.
Trustee offices are non-partisan and terms are for four years.
Candidates must live within the village limits and be a registered voter.
School board incumbents include Marge Spencer, Harry Haythorn and T.J. Walker.
Requirements for school board candidates who wish to fill the four-year terms include living within the district and being a registered voter.
Walker and Spencer have already filed for re-election to the non-partisan position.
Challengers for both the village and the school boards have until Aug. 1 to file with the county clerk.
Both races are on the general election ballot on Nov. 6.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president