Village, school election deadlines coming up
Brady village trustees and school board members whose terms expire this year have just over two weeks to file for re-election with the Lincoln County clerk.
The filing deadline for incumbents on both boards is July 16.
Trustees whose terms expire include chairman Jeff Miller, Todd Roe and Lynn Herrick.
Roe is the only incumbent who has already filed for re-election.
Trustee offices are non-partisan and terms are for four years.
Candidates must live within the village limits and be a registered voter.
School board incumbents include Marge Spencer, Harry Haythorn and T.J. Walker.
Requirements for school board candidates who wish to fill the four-year terms include living within the district and being a registered voter.
Walker and Spencer have already filed for re-election to the non-partisan position.
Challengers for both the village and the school boards have until Aug. 1 to file with the county clerk.
Both races are on the general election ballot on Nov. 6.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates