Heat creates paving problems
Lake Avenue PROJECT: Sweltering temperatures have caused concrete to set up too soon as paving continues on three blocks of Lake Avenue, from the railroad tracks to Fourth Street, according to Paulsen Inc. project superintendent Darrell O’Neal. O’Neal said the crew has had to work fast and hard to keep up with the paving machine. On Friday, the crew was finishing up the southbound lane of Lake Avenue. The superintendent said they hope to pour the northbound lane Wednesday (today) and be done with the project in about 1 weeks. Originally, work was expected to be done and the street re-opened by late July or early August. Before beginning the paving, workers did some water improvements when the street was torn up.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly