Relay For Life at the races
Successful PARTNERS: The partnership of Dawson County Raceway and the Garden of Hope Relay For Life team is “Winning the Race Against Cancer” in 2012 with a grand total of $864.11 raised during a night at the Father’s Day race in Lexington. Raceway manager Allen Wissmann joined the Relay team recently to present a bonus donation from the evening’s fund-raising activities. Pictured are, l-r: Standing—Wissmann; team members Pam Ackerman, Kevin Keithley, Bea King, Ron King, Christina Wagener, Verla Montey, team captain Dallas Zimbelman, Johnathon Wood, Alice Wenburg and Deloris White; Front—Hailey Wagener and Garret Wood. This year’s theme for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Dawson County is “Game On! Together, we will BEAT cancer!.” The Relay will be Friday-Saturday, July 27-28, at Haymaker Stadium in Cozad. The public is invited to attend.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action