Lake Avenue reopens
Light poles on agenda: Three blocks of south Lake Avenue, closed since May for paving and other improvements, reopened Saturday morning. On Monday, members of the city crew were re-installing light poles along the street after a new sidewalk was installed. City administrator Bruce Clymer said existing concrete has been utilized in some places for the walk.
The estimated $600,000 project, that also included sewer and water line repairs, will most likely be finished early as the contract called for it to be substantially complete by Aug. 15 with final completion by Aug. 31. Pictured are city workers Casey Bogus (on the ground) and Kyle Staley in the bucket truck.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet