Tumbles, Trophies and more at Dawson County Fair:
Slippery swine timeNew to the Dawson County Fair this year was pig wrestling, an event which attracted many onlookers last Thursday night to an outdoor arena at the Lexington fairgrounds.
A porker was released and teams had two minutes to catch the pig and put it in a barrel in the ring full of mud, water and baby oil. Some teams dressed up and had names like the Dukes of Dawson (pictured). They are front (clockwise) l-r: Heath Keiser, Kole Berke of Cozad, Patrick Peterson and Evan Peterson. A monetary award was given to the top three teams.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action