Golfers improve team score by four strokes
NORTH PLATTE—Gothenburg golfers faced tough competition at the North Platte Invite at River’s Edge Golf Course Friday.
Although the Swedes shaved four strokes off last week’s 18-hole tournament total for a team score of 417, they finished seventh in a field of nine.
“This tournament was a great experience for the girls as they were pushed to play to their full potential,” said coach Tara Foster. “I am very pleased to see that the overall team score improved . I would like to see this become a common occurrence throughout the season.”
Sophomore Taylour Marshall led the Swedes with 97, the only Gothenburg golfer to break 100. She shot a steady 48 on the front nine and 49 on the back.
Senior Heidi Teahon followed up with 105.
McCook took the team title with a combined score of 340.
Kaitlyn Krzyzanowski of Gering was the top finisher with 75.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater