Accident claims life of 39-year-old Brady man
A 39-year-old Lincoln County man was killed in a car accident late Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 11 southeast of Brady.
Lincoln County sheriff officials said Monte Hueftle of Brady died after a tire blew on the Ford pickup he was driving, causing it to veer into the south ditch where it struck two trees.
The accident happened about 5:30 p.m. on Banner Road about a quarter of a mile east of McPheeters Road. Hueftle was driving west, officials said.
Deputies said Hueftle was not wearing his seat belt and was partially ejected.
The accident is still under investigation and alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department members responded to the call.
- Swedes runner up at own play invite
- Money backing sewer improvements
- Valued worker receives gift
- Four Swedes selected to all-conference team
- Area News Digest
- Fiber optic infrastructure could be installed in Gothenburg
- Gothenburg’s art club learns what art professionals expect
- Swede football triumph over adversity