Accident claims life of 39-year-old Brady man
A 39-year-old Lincoln County man was killed in a car accident late Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 11 southeast of Brady.
Lincoln County sheriff officials said Monte Hueftle of Brady died after a tire blew on the Ford pickup he was driving, causing it to veer into the south ditch where it struck two trees.
The accident happened about 5:30 p.m. on Banner Road about a quarter of a mile east of McPheeters Road. Hueftle was driving west, officials said.
Deputies said Hueftle was not wearing his seat belt and was partially ejected.
The accident is still under investigation and alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department members responded to the call.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president