Fire trucks called to Five-Star Flooring
Sirens blared about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday after smoke was spotted billowing from the roof of the new Five-Star Flooring building in Gothenburg.
Flames weren’t visible until Gothenburg volunteer fire fighters punched a hole in the upper half of the building, at 915 Lake Ave., that owners Troy and Chivonne have been remodeling.Fire fighters sprayed water from hoses into the hole and also sawed an opening in the roof.
Water from hoses, lifted to the roof, was used to douse flames in the ceiling.
Firemen were on the scene for about two hours.
The Daums have had workers renovating the building for several months. They plan to finish and move inventory into the space sometime this fall.
Their business is now located a block north of the new building at 1014 Lake Ave.
No estimate of damage or the cause of the fire was available on Wednesday.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook