SEWER WORK: Van Kirk Brothers Contracting, the company that replaced sewer along Avenue I last spring, returned to Gothenburg last week to extend and replace sewer on 11th Street between Avenues I and J to improve flow. Earlier, it was discovered that a home on the block was not tied into the line and that there were low spots that didn’t drain causing problems in services to homes. Federal stimulus funds will help pay for the $31,455 project.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action