The Community Development Office, that houses the Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce and the Gothenburg Improvement Company, moved from the Post Office to newly renovated space at 1001 Lake Ave. last week. The CDO began in a one-room office at the First State Bank drive-through and, in February of 1993, relocated to the Post Office. CDO director Anne Anderson said the latest move was prompted by a need for more space to serve members and the community and includes offices, storage and a conference room. An open house is planned. Pictured, Anderson (front) and office manager June Blauvelt move equipment and get settled.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.