Learning about trees, care
Twelve people joined arborists from across the state on Oct. 3 during a public tour of the Ehmen Park arboretum.
Justin Evertson, who’s employed by the Nebraska Forest Service, said Ehmen is one of his favorite parks because of the diversity of trees.Evertson said three trees grow in the park that aren’t normally found in central Nebraska. They include the June snow dogwood, Cornelian cherry dogwood and Japanese emperor oak.
At least 20 species of trees in the park won’t be found anywhere else in Dawson County or this part of Nebraska, Evertson said.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney