Palmer selected to play in Hawaii
Brady sophomore Josie Palmer has been nominated and selected to participate in the Oahu NoKaOi Volleyball Showcase in Honolulu in July.
Athletes from across the United States are chosen to participate not only as quality athletes, but also as students and citizens who will represent their local schools, teams and families in a positive manner.
Palmer is a middle hitter for the Eagle volleyball team and also plays on the Flatrock 15s, a club team from North Platte.
In addition to playing volleyball under college coaches from across the country, Palmer will also have an opportunity to tour the island of Oahu and participate in a Polynesian luau.
To cover the high cost of travel to Hawaii, Palmer will be doing several fund raisers, beginning with a Halloween teen dance and karaoke at the Community Center from 8 p.m. to midnight on Oct. 26.
The dance is open to all teens in grades 7-12 from any school.
Cost is $5 per person or $3 with a costume. School ID will be required and snacks will be served.
Palmer is the daughter of Rob and Tami Palmer of Brady.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST