The simulators were set up in the swimming pool parking lot where physical education students on Monday and Tuesday learned about safety and participated in simulations. Oct. 14-20 is Teen Drivers Safety Week and homecoming week at Gothenburg High School. Monsanto employees Nancy Slack and Jessi Corinek led the safety talks. Right, Dakota Huntington tries out the seat belt convincer which simulates the impact of a car hitting an object at eight miles an hour.Left, Garett James texts and tries to drive as Corinek watches. Corinek said the simulator also imitates various conditions such as driving through fog and construction zones.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet