Once a Nebraskan, always…
It never fails to amaze me, the people who say that Bob Kerrey is not a Nebraskan because he went to New York and served as a college president.
Many people from Nebraska have left for a no more honorable reason and never came back to Nebraska, but we claim them as Nebraskans, such as Robert Taylor, Clayton Yeutter, Henry Fonda, Willa Cather, Marlon Brando, Mari Sandoz, Fred Astaire, Johnny Carson and many others.
None of these were awarded the congressional medal of honor or gave part of their physical self for their country, or served as a very popular governor or popular senator who worked across the aisle.
Neither did Bob Kerrey attempt to take something that did not belong to him, by adverse possession.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite