Gothenburg Shares begins $4,500 campaign
The Gothenburg Shares fund kicks off this week.
Donations are being requested to help pay for the Christmas Food Baskets Program, an annual tradition in Gothenburg for nearly 40 years.
This year’s goal is $4,500. Last year, 75 families were served by the program.
The food baskets provide the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal to families and individuals in need.
The delivery day for the food baskets is Saturday, Dec. 15. The Gothenburg Rotary Club sponsors the program with delivery assistance from the Interact youth program and other individuals.
Cash donations can be brought or sent to: Gothenburg Times, 406 10th St., P.O. Box 385, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30