Three volleyball players get all-conference honor
Three Gothenburg volleyball players were among the 18 girls honored with all-conference post-season recognition following voting by Southwest Conference coaches last week.
Senior Jacey Wiggins, who led the Swedes in several statistical categories this year, was voted to the all-conference first team.
Sophomore Tiani Reeves, a middle blocker and hitter, was also named to the first team. She led the Swedes in hit attempts and kills.
Junior Regan Geiken earned all-conference honorable mention.
SWC runner-up Ogallala, which qualified for state in Class C-1, had two girls named to the first team with two on second team and one honorable mention.
SWC tournament champion Minden had four selections.
- Swedes runner up at own play invite
- Money backing sewer improvements
- Valued worker receives gift
- Four Swedes selected to all-conference team
- Area News Digest
- Fiber optic infrastructure could be installed in Gothenburg
- Gothenburg’s art club learns what art professionals expect
- Swede football triumph over adversity