Three volleyball players get all-conference honor
Three Gothenburg volleyball players were among the 18 girls honored with all-conference post-season recognition following voting by Southwest Conference coaches last week.
Senior Jacey Wiggins, who led the Swedes in several statistical categories this year, was voted to the all-conference first team.
Sophomore Tiani Reeves, a middle blocker and hitter, was also named to the first team. She led the Swedes in hit attempts and kills.
Junior Regan Geiken earned all-conference honorable mention.
SWC runner-up Ogallala, which qualified for state in Class C-1, had two girls named to the first team with two on second team and one honorable mention.
SWC tournament champion Minden had four selections.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater