RUNZA REX VISITS: Youngsters in the afternoon Story Hour session at the Gothenburg Public Library got to meet Runza Rex on Thursday when Runza Restaurant presented a check for $353.31 to the children’s library for purchasing new materials. The local restaurant donated a portion of its sales for one day as part of the national Runza fund raiser that promotes the importance of reading and literacy. Pictured are, l-r: Front—Teegan Stevens, Scout Bell, Ashlyn Peterson, Addison Burkink, Kinley Oberg, Tessa Carter, Axtyn Jesseph, Mavrix Butterfield, Tristan Koch, Linda Swan; Middle—Peyton Hilbers, Kaitlyn Hecox, Logan Feather, Brookelyn Kotschwar, Jaxon Earll, Callen Johnson, Beckett Anderson, Tyler Steuben; Back row—Mary Koch, Runza Rex, Evan Johnson.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action