Swedes earn D-9 football honors
Ten players get post-season recognition.
Ten Gothenburg football players were recognized among the best in the C1-9 district by coaches during the annual fall meeting on Nov. 18.
Three Swedes earned all-district recognition on offense and four on defense, while three were named honorable mention.
Linemen Brady Preitauer and Tyler Sheets were recognized on offense as well as running back Landen Haake. All three are seniors.
Defensively, lineman Patrick Reeves joins linebacker Doran Johnson and defensive backs Mark Hilderbrand and Tannor Mroczek.
Reeves, Johnson and Hilderbrand will graduate while Mroczek is a junior.
Seniors Joel Teahon and Tommy France join junior Tre Ostergard receiving honorable mention.
The Swedes, who finished 8-2 on the season, had the second most players receive votes for the all-district honors.
Broken Bow, the winner of the C1-9 with a 4-0 district record and a 9-1 finish overall, had 10 players receive recognition. The Indians were the only team to defeat Gothenburg this season.
Cozad had four players honored while three Valentine Badgers and three Ainsworth Bulldogs received recognition.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates