Food drive helps fill 20 baskets
Generous donations from the public and items collected during the National Honor Society’s food drive helped provide complete holiday meals to 20 Brady families.
The NHS drive at school was a contest between classes with points assigned to money contributions, toiletries, paper goods and non-perishable food.
The third grade won the elementary division with 133 points, while fifth grade was second and first grade came in third.
The senior class dominated the high school contest with 54 points, followed by eighth grade and then 11th grade.
The Brady Food Pantry provides non-perishable food, toiletries, detergents and paper goods to families in need, as well as vouchers for fresh items such as milk, bread and eggs.
Each holiday season, Thanksgiving meals are assembled with turkey and all the fixings and delivered to local families.
For more information about the food pantry, visit the village office in the Community Center.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%