Shares fund needs $1,400 to reach goal
Donations made this week to the Gothenburg Shares Fund brings the total to $3,089.
A total of $1,290 was received this week bringing leaving about $1,400 to be raised to meet the $4,500 goal.
The money will help purchase the ingredients for Christmas food baskets which will be distributed to families in need Saturday morning by members of the Gothenburg Rotary Club and YCIP along with other community volunteers.
This week’s total was boosted by $400 from Gothenburg State Bank’s Santa photos event Dec. 6.
Those making recent donations, which also included anonymous gifts, were: anonymous in loving memory of Mike Sayer, Jeff Clark and Lyle Aden; Donna Keiser; Up North for Jesus Bible Study; Deb Weidman; Marv and Merril Jean McMichael; Dawson Tire & Wheel/Axxent Building Systems.
Donations are being accepted at the Gothenburg Times. Since the food baskets will be delivered Saturday, donations are requested by 5 p.m. Friday.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action